Monday, November 23, 2009

Luminescence: The Product- Suburban Stars Model 1






This is the first model of my luminaire for our luminescence project. it is about 8 1/2 inches tall with about a 4 inch diameter. during critique it was suggested to me that i should create another version of this at a much larger scale. This size would be more effective for my concept because it be be something that you would actually look up at and walk around, making it a full 360 degree experience.
This was the test model for my original idea. i call it suburban stars because that is something I have noticed. When you live in the city you never have a truly starry night. You may be able to see one or two really bright ones but you never see a whole sky filled with stars, unless you go out into the country. This is what my project is supposed to convey. This light emulates the feeling of looking at a sky filled with stars. This project creates a way to have the feeling of looking up at a star filled sky, so that even the suburbs can have stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment