Thursday, October 15, 2009

Project Number 4: Hive O' Cocoons











For this project we were told we could make anything we wanted using 12 4"x6" planes of white Bristol board, and 12 bamboo skewers. It also had to include a 12"x12" base. I chose to cut slits in all of my planes. This allowed me to integrate the skewers with my planes. this created unity between the two. 
Originally I had an equilateral triangle as my base, but that wasn't working, as confirmed in critique, so I changed it to a circle with a 12" diameter. This created the look of a bee hive, and I glued two corners together on some of my planes. These looked like butterfly cocoons. Thus, I used images of these on my collage. The pointed tips of my cocoon shapes looked like leaves, so I added those to my collage as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment