Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ritual Object Project part 2: The Ritual

As I mentioned earlier part of this project was to write down a ritual in which our ritual object is involved in. Putting on perfume is a ritual for me because i have to make a conscious decision of whether or not to wear it. I usually wear it when I go out with friends, and more often than not this usually happens at night. So I chose to present my ritual in the form of a poem about a knight suiting up to go on a journey with his companions,which is an analogy for me getting ready to go out at night with my friends. It is entitled "Going Into the Night". I hope you enjoy :)

Going into the Night

I’ve washed my face, brushed my teeth, and combed my hair,

And now I must put on my face in front of the mirror.

Concealer,

Shadow,

Lashes,

And gloss,

Now to put on my socks.

Then follows pants,

Shirt,

Then shoes,

Now I must choose the potion I will use.

For I am going into the night

A space void and absent of light.

I venture with my companions

Into this dark night

Passing shadows in the fading light.

This journey that we make

Determines the vapor I will take.

First on my wrist.

Then my neck.

I smooth the fragrant mist across my chest.

Now through this potion I have my suit of arms

Protecting me from harms.

Now I my breastplate, vambraces, and helmet.

With my band of Knights am going into the night.

This dark night.

Dark dark as velvet

No comments:

Post a Comment