Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Project No.1: Part A- the Vitruvian Me
















This part of our first project was essentially an anatomical study of our own bodies in order to understand how our bodies relate to the spaces and objects around us. We did this using series of drawings studying the body in parts and how the parts relate to the whole.
My concept for my particular project was "the Vitruvian Me". Based on Vitruvius's idea of the ideal figure, I replaced it with myself with my personal proportions. It was by doing that and stacking my proportionate figure in order to get an idea of how different sized objects related to my body as a whole. these drawings were based on the illustrations of this theory by Leonardo di Vinci. The next step I hope to take in this project is to continue to understand my body as it moves, and in terms of a volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment