Thursday, January 20, 2011

Whole> the sum of its parts: space 2



I chose to design my second space as a means of exploring the geometry of the arch. This relates to pendulation in that a pendulum, as it swings, creates an implied curve. I wanted to embody this idea in one of my designs as I further explored this seemingly invisible form. I used a variety of curvilinear forms throughout the space to portray my idea. These curvilinear forms can be found in the curvilinear wall that divides the space into five main sections, and the curvilinear details that can be found in the furnishings. In addition, I used the two columns from the kit of parts to create a barrier. This forces the inhabitant to make an arched change of direction to get to the other end of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment