Friday, April 30, 2010

Loading Dock Project: Precedents in Design












The second step to this project was to find a designer/artist who we would design the space for, and/or use their work as an influence in our design for the space. I chose Don Ed Hardy, a Japanese trained tattoo artist, and Nina Seirafi, an interior designer. I used Don Ed Hardy's bold colors and graphic energetic lines in the studio space to spark the client's creative energy; and Nina Seirafi's curvilinear lines and soft palette in the down stairs living and dining ares as a calming place to relax after work. These can be seen in her design for Cyan Yacht, and his Painting entitled Wave Warrior. It was during this step that I also worked on the flow of space in my plan for both floors of the space. It was also through the use of precedents that I was able to finalize a color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment